Would you like to learn how to brew exceptional coffee?
By completing this course, you will gain the skills necessary to apply for a job in a café as a barista or start your own coffee cart.
Enrol today and begin your barista journey with us!!!Overview:
PCTI offers a 2-day Barista training to produce espresso and milk coffees!!
At PCTI's purpose-built cafe on York Avenue in Mount Maunganui, participants will receive practical training on using the coffee machine.
Upon finishing the course, a PCTI Certificate will be issued, and the completion of the following unit standards will be reported to NZQA:
Unit Standard 17284 Demonstrate knowledge of coffee origin and production – Level 3, Credits 3.
Unit Standard 17288 Prepare and present espresso beverages for service – Level 3, Credits 5.
During Day 1 of the training, participants will learn about coffee beans' growth, harvest, and roasting. They will also become familiar with the equipment and ingredients used in making quality coffee, the process of extracting coffee and potential issues that may arise when using an espresso machine.
On Day 2, the training will focus on using the knowledge gained from the previous day, with hands-on practice in dosing, tamping, and extracting coffee using an espresso machine.Cost
- $480 (including GST)Course schedule and location
– Every mid-month on Monday and Tuesday. Below are the dates for 2023:
- February – Monday 20th and Tuesday 21st
- March - Monday 20th and Tuesday 21st
- April – Thursday 13th and Friday 14th
- May – Monday 22nd and Tuesday 23rd
- June – Monday 19th and Tuesday 20th
- July – Monday 17th and Tuesday 18th
- August – Monday 28th and Tuesday 29th
- September – Monday 25th and Tuesday 26th
- October – Monday 16th and Tuesday 17th
- November – Monday 27th and Tuesday 28th
- December – Monday 11th and Tuesday 12th
Timings – 9am - 4pm
Venue – 12 York Street, Mt. Maunganui.Enrol now!!!